BEST GUITAR STOOLS AND CHAIRS
We're looking at my top 10 Best guitar stools for playing and practice that you can buy! As a guitar player, the most important part of improving your playing and performance lies in the art of practice. We all know the famous saying goes something like, "practice makes perfect" right? But, many guitarists are put off by practice. the reason for being put off by practice does not lie in the act of playing guitar but rather the fact that practice can be taxing on the body. The way we sit, hold the guitar, hold the guitar pick all require proper technique. As well as posture. And you can stunt your guitar playing by not learning proper playing and practice technique. By making a few small adjustments to one's practice routine and adding a stool for guitar, you can drastically improve your guitar playing at a much quicker pace.
- Why Use a Guitar seat?
- Characteristics of Chairs For Guitar?
- The sturdier the better
- The most important thing to look for in a Guitar Stool?
- 1) Quick Lok DX749 Guitar Playing Chair
- 2) Gator Frameworks (GFW-GTR-SEAT) And Stand
- 3) K&M Performance Ergonomic Guitar Stool
- 4) Rockville Adjustable Guitar Stool (RDS40)
- 5) On Stage Guitar Stool (DT8500)
- 6) Pyle Music Stool For Guitar (PKST70)
- 7) Stagg Guitar Stand and Stool In One
- 8) Taylor Barstool
- 9) Adjustrite Musicians Chair
- 10) ROC-N-SOC Guitar Practice Throne
- 11) The Original Guitar Stool (Wooden)
- 12) Yamaha Multipurpose Stool (PKBB1)
- 13) Fender Custom Shop Barstool
- Concluding My List of The Top 10 Guitar Chairs
|Top Choice||Budget Stool||Most Ergonomic||Most Features||Classic Stool|
|Quik Lok DX749||Gator (GFW-GTR-SEAT)||K&M Performance Stool||Rockville RDS40||Fender Custom Shop|
To read more reviews of each product, scroll down.
Why Use a Guitar seat?
By using the wrong stool to practice guitar, you can do physical damage to your spine. And can completely ruin the way you play guitar. Introducing a proper or chair that was specifically made for guitarists. Will minimize any physical damage and risk. Furthermore, will accelerate your improvement on the instrument as well as make practice more comfortable and enjoyable.
Characteristics of Chairs For Guitar?
- First and foremost any decent stool will be adjustable in height. This is important because everyone is a different height. So, setting the correct height is very important. If it is adjusted to a low level, the guitar will be too close to your knees. If it is adjusted too high you can throw your balance off track.
- Secondly, these should all have no arms. Or, anything else that can get in the way of your arms, hands and the instrument.
- They should always be comfortable to sit on for prolonged periods of time
The sturdier the better
You will need a chair that is sturdy on design. What does this mean exactly? It means that it stays in place and does not move around while you're sitting and playing on it. If you land up with one that moves around, it is no good. Generally, ones that are made out of steel tend to be more solid. Also, steel components often, but not always, indicate quality.
You can get a guitar throne with backs. Or without them. however, this does not make or break your decision as it comes down to personal preference and taste. Your posture as a guitar player should always be straight and upright so make sure that if you choose a backrest, it is for for the right reasons and not to slouch.
The most important thing to look for in a Guitar Stool?
The first and only thing you should be concerned about is quality because the stool is going to be carrying you through practice and or performance so rather invest the money in a better guitar chair than have to pay the consequences physically or financially by replacing them. I have done the hard work for you and compiled a list of the top guitar practice and performance chairs you can buy.
1) Quick Lok DX749 Guitar Playing Chair
Kicking off my list at number one is the Quick Lok DX749. I believe that the Quik Lok guitar chair is a top choice for both acoustic and electric. It is on the higher end of the spectrum in terms of price however, you get what you pay for. This is my personal favorite of the bunch. This is due to the fact that it is packed with features and is super comfortable. I really like the support that it provides. And it allows pretty much any guitarist to find a comfortable playing position. It's really well made and very solid.
- A padded footrest is included that can be adjusted
- There is also a padded backrest which can swivel up or down
- Furthermore, the heigh is also adjustable
- lastly, it can withstand a great amount of weight.
Some cons of the Quik Lok include:
- The backrest is only height adjustable and you are not able to adjust the angle of it.
2) Gator Frameworks (GFW-GTR-SEAT) And Stand
This Gator Frameworks is a good budget choice. Furthermore, it has an innovative design. Also, The GFW-GTR-SEAT is loaded with a lot of features considering the price.
- A guitar stand is built in fits acoustic, electric and bass guitar
- The stand is made from rubber and will do no damage to your instrument
- The whole unit is foldable for easy transportation and storage
- Soft padding for comfortable sitting
- Also, has a removable backrest that.
- Handles up to 300 pounds of weight
- Lacks the overall adjustability as it sets up to only one position
- Have been known to get quite wobbly depending on the surface of the ground.
This Gator product has all the bells and whistles. Except for adjustability. Which for some might be a major factor. Also, it is one of the top budget choices. Including a great safety feature. Which essentially are red rings around the rubber of the foot of the stool to prevent any accidents that can occur. Especially in a live setting. Lastly, I also believe that this product is not as sturdy as it should be.
3) K&M Performance Ergonomic Guitar Stool
The K&M guys have come out with a very easy to use a chair that has an ergonomic design. So that you can achieve more guitar playing comfortably. Mechanically, this K&M stool is also one of the easiest to use and set up. It is also very sturdy.
- Sturdy and made from steel.
- The footrest can be height adjusted using a spring loading system
- The height of the seat can also be adjusted in the same way whilst you are sitting
- K&M's frame is made from high-quality steel
- The seat is made from leather and is one of the most padded around
- Finally, It folds up easily for space saving keeping and easy transportation.
- It does not include a backrest however this can be bought as an extra
4) Rockville Adjustable Guitar Stool (RDS40)
This chair by Rockville comes with an insane amount of features considering its exceptionally reasonable price. It packs the same punches in terms of features that many of the popular chairs in the list have. However, it is almost half the price!
- The seat is height adjustable at five different levels from 21 inches up to 30 inches
- Includes a backrest that can be removed
- A footrest has been included
- Folds up easily for great storage and easy transportation
- Also, a padded seat is included that is perfectly suitable for long hours of performing
- Requires no tools for set up
- The footrest is not height adjustable
5) On Stage Guitar Stool (DT8500)
This is yet another one of the top guitar thrones on the market. And, it will suit guitarists as well as keyboard players and DJ's. With that in mind, the most comfortable and optimum sitting position can easily be achieved with this highly adjustable stool.
- High-quality padding on the seat
- Includes a removable backrest which can be moved up or down.
- The backrest includes the same thick padding as the seat
- It features a footrest with padding
- adjustable from 21 to 31 inches
- The seat can also be adjusted back and forth
- Set-up is not as quick as some others
6) Pyle Music Stool For Guitar (PKST70)
The Pyle is in direct competition with the On Stage stool featured in the number 3 position. For this reason, It is very hard to separate the two in terms of difference. However, the biggest difference is that the Pyle has a rectangular shaped seat whilst the On Stage stool has around one.
- An adjustable backrest is included and can easily be removed
- The height of the stool is adjustable
- Comfortable padding has been added to the seat and backrest
- Folds easily for portability and storage
- The seat is not adjustable to move back and forth, only up or down
7) Stagg Guitar Stand and Stool In One
Here is another guitar stand and stool in one and this particular one by Stagg is in direct competition with the Gator above. While this guitar stool is not as good as the Gator, it is still great for those looking for a chair on a budget.
- It has a built-in guitar stand that can be folded back when not in use
- folds up for easy portability and space saving storage
- Does not require any assembling and does not contain any loose parts that could be lost.
- Not height adjustable
- Does not include a backrest
- Lacks comfortable padding
8) Taylor Barstool
Taylor is best known for their High-end acoustic guitars. however, here they have ventured out and created a guitar barstool to go with your Taylor guitar. These types of guitar stools are often advertised for the bar. However, they are in fact designed to be used for guitar players to sit on.
The Taylor guitar includes the following features:
- 24-inch seat with Taylor branded logo
- The seat swivels and is comfortably padded
- A ring has been added as a footrest
- Very sturdy
- these are not meant to be transported and thus are heavy due to their steel design
- They are not height adjustable
9) Adjustrite Musicians Chair
This stool was not just designed for guitar playing but was in fact manufactured to suit all musicians. Furthermore, these include cello players, trumpet players, sax players, piano players, etc. However, this is a good choice for those looking to play flamenco guitar or acoustic.
- padded backrest
- helps improve posture e
- each leg of the chair can be changed using buttons which go up or down in increments of 1 inch
- This means you can set the chair to slant in certain positions should you wish
- The stool can fold up into a compact shape for transporting and for storing.
Some cons of the Adjustrite guitar stool include:
- The backrest is relatively low and cannot be adjusted
10) ROC-N-SOC Guitar Practice Throne
The ROC-N-SOC guitar stool is on the higher end when it comes to price. However, it does not deliver when you take into account the features it has. And, then the price you'd pay for it. Having said that, the ROC-N-SOC is still very comfortable to sit on. Available in a short or a tall version. The tall version is 29 inches and the short version is 26 inches.
Some features of the ROC-N-SOC include:
- Molded motorbike-like seat (very comfortable!)
- 2 footrests in the form of a ring
- Exceptionally sturdy
Some cons of the ROC-N-SOC are:
- Not height adjustable (you have to buy the higher or lower model if you want a different height)
- No backrest
11) The Original Guitar Stool (Wooden)
Many of the stools featured in this list have been designed to accommodate other instruments as well. however, this stool has been specifically designed by a physical therapist, for guitar playing. This means that ergonomics were the most important design factor of this product.
The features of the Wooden guitar stool include:
- Ergonomically designed specifically for the guitar player reduces fatigue on the back
- A cut-away has been made so that the guitar player can position his/her leg properly
- foldable and can be stored and transported easily
Some downsides to the Original guitar stool include:
- The stool is not height adjustable however there are three height options available
- 17 Inch
- 19 Inch
- 21 Inch
- No footrest is included
12) Yamaha Multipurpose Stool (PKBB1)
Yamaha makes a stool that is actually meant for keyboard and/or piano. however, many guitar players have begun using these as they are inexpensive. And easy to move around. These are great for performances. However, for long hours of practice, it lacks the features that a proper guitar stool should have.
Features of this Yamaha Guitar Chair include:
- Comfortable, highly padded and wide seat
- 3 Height adjustment levels
- 17.5 inch
- 18.5 inch
- 19.5 inch
- Easily folded up and set up is exceptionally easy
- Takes up very little space
- Fantastic value for money
Some cons of the Yamaha stool include:
- Does not include a backrest
- Has no footrest
- Lacks the height adjustments options
13) Fender Custom Shop Barstool
This Fender guitar stool is in a similar vein to the Taylor featured above in this list. The way in which they are similar is that they look really cool but lack the features to make them great for hours of practicing. For the price, you still get a really awesome guitar stool.
Features of this Fender custom shop guitar stool include:
- 24 Inch padded
- Fender Custom Shop logo printed
- Tube footrest
Some downsides and cons to the Fender are:
- Does not include a backrest
- The footrest is not adjustable
- The chair itself is not height adjustable
- requires tools to assemble
- This stool is not portable as it does not fold up
Concluding My List of The Top 10 Guitar Chairs
After reading this you should be pretty geared up towards buying the right guitar stool for your needs. Ultimately, the one that you choose will be the one that ticks all the boxes in terms of what you are looking for.