Guitar Pick Holder
Why would guitarists need a guitar pick holder? Well, as guitarists we know the nightmare of constantly losing our guitar picks. These small little pieces of plastic disappear on us like ninja’s in broad daylight. They get lost in pockets, jackets, under the couch, in the car, on the stage and the list literally goes on.
We’ve found a few solutions below that will make sure that with a guitar pick holder, you’ll never lose a pick again…yea right! If you enjoyed this guitar pick article please check out our other guitar and guitar pick related articles here
1) The Regular Pick HolderAs a guitarist you’ve most likely come across or at least seen the regular guitar pick holder. They’re a little plastic gadget that attaches to your guitar to hold your plectrums. The regular guitar pick holder generally houses around 5 picks. Although this depends on the thickness and dimensions of your picks.
How does The Regular Guitar Pick Holder work?
Simple, the picks are stacked on top of each other and kept in place by a kind of spring system. I’m sure you’re probably thinking, why would you stick this on your precious guitar?
I ask myself the same question to be honest but I totally get the practicality of this device for a gigging guitarist. You can hide it discreetly behind your guitar or your bass guitar to contain your picks and have easy access to them. We recommend Ergo Pick Holder for it’s design as well as it’s non-damaging adhesive to keep your instrument in good shape.
2) The “PickPokit” Guitar Pick Holder
This pick holder allows guitarists to take all of their picks into studio, on tour or to a gig. This means you never have to worry about misplacing or finding your picks. Also, it’s shaped like a guitar pick!!
This is particularly handy for session musician who might have to keep a plethora of plectrums on them at all times. The reason for this is that guitar picks result in the overall sound of what is being played. Therefore it is essential that they have as many tonal options as possible.
3) The Leather Guitar Pick WalletI absolutely love this pick wallet for live shows and for my everyday life. I’d be lying If I said I didn’t own one. For years I kept my guitar picks in the loose change part of my wallet. Now that they’ve actually made a guitar pick holder wallet how could I not get one. It holds up to about 12 guitar picks as well as looks and functions just like a normal wallet. Only this wallet has places for your picks! This is perfect for the gigging guitarist . Head over to your gig with your money and picks in one nifty wallet.
4) The Simple Guitar Pick Holder Keyring
Perhaps you are a normal person unlike me and just need a small pouch to keep a couple guitar picks. This guitar pick holder is a is a small keyring pouch that will hold around 5 guitar picks for you to take anywhere with you.
5) The Wedgie Pick Holder
Now this little apparatus is just pure innovation and total guitar geekery. The Wedgie simply locks onto the strings above the nut of your guitar and provides place for two picks to sit safely. This is perfect for the live player who needs quick access to his/her picks on stage but does not wish to have a microphone pick holder .
6) The Microphone Guitar Pick HolderIf you’ve ever been to a live gig or watched a live band on video you’ve most likely come across the microphone pick holder.
This is a convenient guitar pick holder for a singer/guitarist to quickly grab his/her pick from the microphone stand in no time at all. In a live scenario guitarists and singers aren’t able to search the floor for their lost plectrum mid-set. That is why the microphone pick holder was invented.
If you’ve ever seen Dave Mustaine From The band Megadeth then you know he has the longest microphone pick holder ever? It’s really worth checking out just for a laugh. I guess being a riff-master comes with a price!
7) The Pendant Necklace Pick Holder
Carry your guitar picks around in style with the pendant necklace guitar pick holder. Wear and keep your favorite guitar picks with you at all time.
The pendant is able to hold around three picks at a time (depending on the gauge of the plectrum of course).
The pendant necklace is also a great way to showcase a pick you got from a concert or from your favorite band. See my story here about how I caught Metallica guitar picks at a Metallica concert. Oh and did we mention the guitar pick pendant necklace is also Stainless Steel?
8) Ernie Ball Pick Buddy
The Ernie ball Pick Buddy is a clever little gadget that quickly adheres to the guitar providing a convenient place for your plectrum to sit when not in use while still staying close enough to you so that it can be utilized when it needs to be.
While the device adheres to the guitar in no time, it is still adhesive free so it provides you will all the convenience without it damaging your guitar in any way.
This is due to the special design on behalf on Ernie Ball whereby the Pick Buddy uses “self-adhesive” suction to stay attached to your guitar without leaving any unwanted residues which some of the cheaper items, similar to the Pick Buddy do. This guitar pick holder can be used on:
9) The Guitar Strap & Pick Holder In One
- Stash your guitars picks with your guitar when you put it away.
- Access to your picks on the fly within seconds of reach
This is very useful for a live gig scenario whereby you might not have access to a microphone pick holder like the one we featured in number 6 on this list.
The guitar strap pick holder has slots for three regular sized plectrums however depending on the gauge of the pick, you might be able to fit in more.
10) Fretfunk Guitar Pick Holder For Guitar Straps
We’re sure you’re thinking, but you just featured one of these above? While this may be true, the Fretfunk is a different concept.
Not only that but it also fits double the amount to the built-in one. This means being able to hold guitar picks on any guitar strap you desire. Think of the Fretfunk as a microphone guitar pick holder but for your guitar strap. Essentially they are the same idea but meant to be held onto different items.
11) MR. Power Metal clip Guitar Pick Holder For Guitar Strap
While we’re still on the theme of guitar pick holders for guitar straps, here’s one more awesome little pick holder gadget that deserves a mention.
The footprint of this pick holder is minuscule and actually looks pretty cool
12) PickBandz Pro – Silicon Wrist-Band Pick holder
- Wear your favorite picks and keep with with you at all times on your wrist with this awesome invention called the PickBandz.
- This wrist band pick holder allows you to keep up to 7 guitar picks on you at all times.
- The PicBandz come in an array of colors and are adjustable to fit anyone.
- PickBandz also make a necklace version which you can get here
13) The Ultimate Guitar Pick Storage Box
If the pick holders above just don’t cut it in size for you or you’ve got a serious guitar pick collection and need something to keep all your plectrums in one. Or maybe you’d like to sell guitar picks? This is the perfect solution for you.
- The compartments are adjustable to suit your size preference.
- The pick holder box is transparent and you can see in
14) Planet Waves LED Light & Pick holder
- 5-6 Light Gauge Picks
- 4-5 Medium Gauge Picks
- 2-4 Heavy Gauge Picks
this means your picks can on be on you and handy at all times. This pick holder by Planet Waves also has a really cool LED light so you can see your pedal or amplifier settings on a dark stage if need be.
16) The Capo & Guitar Pick Holder In One
The last guitar pick holder on our list is pretty cool. It’s a standard capo that can be used on an electric, acoustic and classical guitar. But besides for being a standard capo it also features a rubber pick hold that can keep two guitar picks.
Pop this bad boy on the headstock of your guitar and you’ll never need to worry about losing your capo or your guitar picks.
When you buy the capo pick holder it also comes with three jazz sized picks. If you would like to read more about Jazz guitar picks read our list of best guitar picks here which features a section on Jazz picks.
17) Holding, Storing and Displaying Guitar Picks for Collectors
There are many people out there, some who are not even guitar players that collect guitar picks. They may collect for different reasons such as completing a set of a range or by buying/trading/selling guitar picks from famous ands. A lot of people don’t realize that there’s a little mini market for guitar pick collectors.
Lets take a look at a few ways guitar pick collectors might choose to display and store their guitar picks.
These are a great way to store a large pick collection as they hold the plectrums firmly in place. You’re also able to view both sides of the pick. The flip ring sheets will hold any regular shaped guitar pick and each sheet will store 20 picks for you to neatly display.
Guitar Pick Display box holder
If you’ve got a guitar pick that is special to you that you would like to display, try getting one of these clear box display especially designed to fit one guitar plectrum. Why would someone want this? For displaying purposes only! It is a very nice and professional way to display a special guitar pick
Guitar Pick Holder Display Easel
This pick holder is very similar in nature to the clear display biox above however, it is in the form of an easel. it will display one guitar pick very comfortably however unlike the clear box, you unfortunately won’t be able to see both sides of the guitar pick.
Conclusion on Guitar Pick Holder
The list above that we have compiled features the best devices to hold your guitar pick(s). With a guitar pick holder you’ll drastically reduce the chances of losing your plectrums if that is a problem for you.